Supplement companies are always looking for the best ingredients to help with weight loss. Though there doesn’t seem to be a magic cure for losing weight, these six ingredients seem to be helpful in supporting a plan for diet and exercise.
- Green Tea: Green tea has been drunk for thousands of years and its been known to have great health properties overall. One thing that has been discovered recently is that it contains EGCG. This has demonstrated the ability to increase your metabolism and help you burn fat throughout the day. To get the proper positive metabolic effect, you need to drink at least 3-4 cups of green tea every day, or take a supplement that contains green tea. Look for a supplement that discloses its EGCG levels on the label.
- Capsaicin: If you are a fan of spicy food you might have heard of Capsaicin. It’s the active ingredient that makes spicy food hot. It also helps speed up your metabolism, suppress your appetite, and is a powerful antioxidant.
- African Mango: African Mango has been shown to lower blood sugar and cholesterol levels. It also has an extremely high fiber content, and increases leptin levels, which help you to feel full for a longer period after having a meal. This lessens your desire to eat throughout the day, which aids overall health.
- Cinnamon: It’s been proven to regulate blood sugar and also has a positive effect on your metabolism. It has a mild appetite suppression effect as well. (This doesn’t seem to work for me in cookie form.) Early research on ginger also shows similar results to cinnamon.
- Synephrine: Years ago, when ephedrine came on the scene, it was inexpensive and worked better than anything previously on the market. Synephrine is chemically similar to ephedrine and seems to have comparable effects. It’s a great thermogenic, but those with medical conditions really need to talk to their doctor before taking it.